Event Type Day into night navigation
GO TO COURSE PAGE > Do you have a good grasp of navigation and want to extend your skills into night navigation? Have you been on our improvers
Do you have a good grasp of navigation and want to extend your skills into night navigation? Have you been on our improvers navigation course and want to take the next step into the ultimate in poor visibility nav? If so, then this course is for you.
This course is held in the Wicklow mountains, it starts at 14.00 and extends into the evening to approximately 21.00.
Meeting point: Lynhams of Laragh, Laragh village 14.00.
We will reprise some basic navigation techniques and cover the more advanced skills of route finding in poor visibility, including:
- Devising a navigation strategy.
- Pacing and timing over varying terrain.
- Walking on a compass bearing to locate a feature.
- Using navigation techniques including aiming off, tick features, catching features and attack points.
- Interpreting contour features on the map and on the ground.
- Relocation strategies.
- Using some/all of the above to successfully navigate at night.
This course is run at a maximum ratio of 1:8 to ensure each client gets the most out of the day.
All Day (Saturday)