Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Mountaintrails will ensure that all events will be carried out in line with the advice from the Irish Government. This will be reviewed in the light of government policy.
We will be taking all possible precautions to keep everyone safe whilst participating in our activities.
- CANCELLATION – In the event of any activity being cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the government, if you contract Covid-19, or if you are deemed a close contact of someone infected and must restrict your movements you will be offered a transfer of date or a full refund.
- TRAVEL – Mountaintrails will not be providing transport for clients during the pandemic. Clients should not car-share unless with a member of their own household. Ensure you park responsibly, do not obstruct gates or lanes and always consider the local community and its residents.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – The current recommendation is that everyone should maintain a distance of 2 metres apart when indoors, we would expect clients to adhere to this. Social distancing rules will be reviewed in line with government policy.
- FACE COVERING – You will be asked to wear a face covering or mask at all times when indoors.
- ILLNESS – If you or a member of your group is showing any of the coronavirus symptoms; fever, dry cough or fatigue, please do not join the event. In addition, if you have been confirmed as having coronavirus in the last 3 weeks, please do not join the event. In either of the above cases you will be given a full refund.
- HYGIENE – It is important to wash hands for the prescribed 20 seconds wherever possible, before and after meals and after using the bathroom. Where this is not possible, i.e. on hikes in mountainous terrain, hand sanitiser should be carried by each client and used regularly after crossing styles, opening gates, toileting, cough or sneezing and before eating. Clients should practice good cough/sneeze etiquette and use tissues whenever possible; these should be disposed of safely in a bin as soon as it is practical to do so.
- GROUP SIZE – Group numbers will be set in line with our insurance policy and will be reviewed as required, we currently operate with a 1:12 guide to client ratio.
- EQUIPMENT – It will not be possible to loan equipment or clothing from our guides during the pandemic, so please ensure you have everything you need. Do not share or handle clothing and equipment with anyone outside of your household.
- EMERGENCIES – In the event of an emergency requiring close contact between a guide and a client, we will ensure that both the guide and client are provided with face masks and that the guide wears suitable medical gloves. Biohazard bags will be available to dispose of used gloves, masks, dressings, tissues etc..
Clients should acknowledge that taking part in our activities does pose an increased risk of contracting Covid-19 and should accept responsibility for their own hygiene.
For more advice on outdoor activities during the pandemic please go to the Mountaineering Ireland website.