One Day Mountain (Wilderness) First Aid Course
- Person Minimum age 13 yrs accompanied by an adult.
First Aid Courses Dublin
Our one day mountain first aid course gives you the skills to deal with an emergency situation in a remote environment. A minor incident can become a threat to life for all involved if the proper knowledge and skills are not to hand.
Medical help can be several hours away if there is an incident in the mountains, would you know what to do until help arrives?
Topics covered in this comprehensive course include:
- How to prepare and carry a suitable first aid kit.
- Scene management. Should an incident occur in the mountains, the first aider needs to consider the measures required to safeguard themselves and other people in the group, when and how to call mountain rescue, and how to liase with the emergency agencies.
- Casualty assessment. Examination, stabilization and treatment of the casualty. In what order should you treat the injuries?
- Wounds and bleeding, how to deal with minor wounds to controlling catastrophic bleeding.
- Treating fractures and common lower leg injuries.
- Environmental factors, heat exposure and hypothermia.
- CPR and choking.
This is our standard itinerary, which can be adjusted to suit the particular needs of your club or group.
To ensure all participants get the appropriate individual attention from the trainer we restrict numbers to a maximum of 12 persons. We also believe in delivering a large portion of the course outdoors to make the scenarios as realistic as possible.
What to Bring
- Hiking boots and waterproof shoes
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (no jeans please)
- Head- torch
- Spare warm ware
- Hat and gloves
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Water or juice drink, (1.5 litres)
- Small rucksack to carry all in
- Professional first aid instructor with full insurance
- Personal First Aid Kit