Lake District Hiking Weekend
Lake District, Cumbria
- Person Minimum age 13 yrs accompanied by an adult.
Lake District, Cumbria Hiking
Drive to Belfast and ferry to Cairnryan, drive to Borrowdale YHA.
Climb Scafell Pike , the highest point in England (978 metres) ascending via the corridor route and taking in some amazing Lakeland scenery. Possible descent via Great End and Grains Gill.
Drive to Glenridding in Patterdale to climb the iconic Helvellyn (2nd highest point in England) via Striding Edge. We descend via Dollywagon Pike and Grisedale back to our start point.
A slightly more gentle day walking around the Borrowdale Fells (or sightseeing/shopping in Keswick which has some great outdoor stores).
Return to Dublin
All itineraries are dependant on the weather and subject to change.
- Good hiking boots and waterproof clothing are essential (without these you will be excluded from participating).
- Walking trousers are advised or comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans please).
- Spare warm layer; hat and gloves.
- Lunch and/or snacks; water or juice drink, (1.5 litres); small rucksack to carry it all in.
- Walking poles are optional