Wicklow Wild Camping Weekend
- Person per person
A truly wild encounter, camping beneath the open sky in the famous Wicklow Mountains.
You will learn all the necessary skills to confidently go wild camping on your own in the future. We will teach you the skills of packing a rucksack for a weekend wild camp, travelling light, site selection, finding clean and safe drinking water, cooking and good camp craft.
We begin our adventure in the valley of Glendalough, at the Visitor Centre car park. After a kit check and briefing we will head out into the Wicklow hills. We will show you how to select a good camp site, erect your tent, prepare your food and spend a comfortable night in the mountains.
Day two will see us hiking across the mountains before heading down into Glendalough and returning to the Visitor Centre. The distance we travel and our overall height gain over the weekend depends on the ability of the group. However, you should be able to carry around 10kg and hike for 5-6 hours each day.
- Good hiking boots and waterproof jacket and pants.
- Hiking trousers are advised, (no jeans please).
- Hat, gloves and spare warm layer.
- Snacks for two days, water or juice drink, (1.5 litres).
- Sleeping bag, overnight toiletries and head torch.
- Rucksack, approx. 45-50 litres, to carry your equipment, (we have several rucksacks available to loan if required).
- Full kit list will be sent when booking.