East Brockagh and Glendalough
- Person Minimum age 13 yrs accompanied by an adult.
About East Brockagh and Glendalough Day Hike
An easy guided day hike covering East Brockagh and Glendalough. Gently winding grassy paths, mountain trails, beautiful views and the Wicklow Way. This easy to moderate Glendalough guided hike takes in the monastic city, the Glendasan river and Upper Lake.
The hike starts at the Glendalough visitor centre and follows forest trails as it gradually ascends before opening out onto the open moorland.
We now take a mountain path as it winds faintly up the hill, steepening as it does so, before reaching the summit of Brockagh East at 471 metres. After taking in the wonderful views we descend via a pleasant grassy path into the forest and follow part of the Wicklow Way back to the Glendalough monastic city.
Our trail now follows the Glendasan river a short distance before heading uphill on a forest track that then descends gradually into the Glendalough valley and the Upper Lake. We then return to our start point along a wooded trail known as the Green Road.
- Good waterproof boots and waterproof clothing are essential.
- Walking trousers are advised or comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans please).
- Spare warm layer; hat and gloves.
- Lunch and/or snacks; water or juice drink, (1.5 litres); small rucksack to carry it all in.
- Walking poles are optional.