Glendoo to Glencullen Mountain – Walking the Border
- Person Minimum age 13 yrs accompanied by an adult.
About Glendoo, Knocknagun and Prince William’s Seat
The hike starts at the scenic viewing point at Kilkee, where there is parking for a number of vehicles. From here we head for Cruach and Glendoo, before following the Dublin/Wicklow border over Knocknagun and Prince William’s Seat. We retrace our steps to Glendoo and then head down to Killakee hill and back to our start point. The route can be wet in places with rough mountain paths throughout. It is approximately 16 km with 480 metres of ascent.
- Good hiking boots and waterproof clothing are essential.
- Walking trousers are advised or comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans please).
- Spare warm layer; hat and gloves.
- Lunch and/or snacks; water or juice drink, (1.5 litres); small rucksack to carry it all in.
- Walking poles are optional.