The Comeragh – Mahon Falls and Coumshingaun
- Person Minimum age 13 yrs accompanied by an adult.
About the Comeragh guided hike
The Mahon Falls are one of the must see sights in the Comeragh and our route climbs past the falls to reach the plateau and the highpoint of Kilcooney Mountain (790m).
We then head over to Coumshingaun for stunning views across this spectacular corrie.
Turning west we hike across the plateau to the western corries with more amazing vistas, before making our way back down to our start point.
This hike is graded as ‘Strenuous’ and is not suitable for beginners.
- Good hiking boots and waterproof clothing are essential (without these you will be excluded from the hike).
- Walking trousers are advised or comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans please).
- Spare warm layer; hat and gloves.
- Lunch and/or snacks; water or juice drink, (1.5 litres); small rucksack to carry it all in.